Candidate will perform preparation and layout of mechanical engineering contract documents under the direct supervision of one or more licensed mechanical engineers.
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team during all phases of projects located throughout the United States as well as some International projects. Primary responsibility is to provide documentation of building mechanical HVAC and piping systems utilizing Revit MEP and AutoCAD. Work will be performed with direct supervision receiving advice and direction from mechanical engineers. Assignments will include setting up and managing Revit MEP models, modeling mechanical equipment, ducts, and piping systems, detailing, and coordination of work with other disciplines. Design responsibilities include routing and sizing of ductwork and piping systems while coordinating with other design disciplines for system clash avoidance. Duties will also include assisting with addendums and RFIs by incorporating agreed upon changes in the project documents and working to help maintain and develop Revit mechanical standards. Additional assignments may include assisting with performing construction contract administration and site observations. Candidate must complete assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
• Associates Degree from Technical College (or equivalent) required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with A/E firm in building HVAC design and detailing preferred.
• Experience with A/E firm in building plumbing design is a plus.
• Experience with design of healthcare facilities is a plus.
• Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word/Excel, AutoCAD and Revit MEP required.
• General understanding of construction methods required.
• Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills required.
• Excellent time management, organization, and multi-task skills required.
• Strong problem solving and self-motivation skills required.
• Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team required.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law