- Demonstrated success in performing in a leadership role within an educational design practice or institutional management, business development, or architecture industry.
- Proven track record in developing new services, building and/or enhancing a professional practice, designing and implementing new operational processes and serving as a change agent and thought leader.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in directing and providing diverse consulting services to educational clients in support of educational architecture planning and design.
- Proven business development skills to identify opportunities, develop client relationships, understand client needs, and develop customized innovative approaches to meet client needs, develop winning pursuit strategies and lead the pursuit process from pre-sale to close. Also has strong contacts/network in the educational industry.
- Proven leadership skills to lead teams to develop a vision, direction and strategy, and motivate and coach team members to achieve their optimal potential.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate and present to multiple levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and leadership and ability to successfully facilitate groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required in architecture, marketing, business, education administration, or related field.
- 20+ years’ experience in a business development or leadership position within the A/E/C industry, primarily focused on education design with private systems.
- Education facility planning expertise required.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel regularly with some international travel.
- Significant leadership experience in a large, multi-office or multi-facility organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following personal attributes:
- Outstanding leadership presence and communications skills with the ability to inspire trust and quickly build trust within the company and with the education industry at large.
- Must be a self-starter, requiring minimal direction, who can multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to support, facilitate, lead and motivate others through influence and respect.
- High –performer with low ego needs. Energetic, enthusiastic, committed and entrepreneurial.
- Must be able to generate enthusiasm for best-in-class performance through the clear personal passion to be the best in education design. A fresh, forward-looking approach and the willingness, strength of will, and vision to act as a change agent.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law