LEO A DALY Los Angeles is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with an interior design services emphasis on healthcare and the creation of healing environments that produce positive outcomes. The successful candidate will exhibit proven consistent design excellence/production experience having engaged in varying roles and duties developing and preparing Interior Design contract documents and specifications relating to a wide variety of healthcare facility types and sizes.
Will work specifically with the healthcare team on a wide variety of private and government healthcare projects. Expected to be actively involved with marketing, Interior Architecture Design and selection and documentation of FF&E, providing guidance to other Interior Designers. Independently coordinates the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the space planning, design development, and contract document phases of a project. Establishes client and internal meetings. Completes work assignments with a high degree of completeness, quality, and coordination, yet with regard to schedule and both the client’s and company’s budgets. Reviews Interior Design documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines. Leads programing efforts with clients through development of new and existing standards. Exhibits strong space planning skills. Has thorough technical knowledge required to effectively specify material and products. Develops project schedules in conjunction with Project Managers. Experienced in designing and coordinating FF&E packages, assisting clients with bid evaluations. Experienced in drawing coordinated Interior elevations and detailing Interior Architecture. Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals and professional publications. Follows and speaks to current industry trends. Writes project descriptions, reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and articles. Speak at healthcare conferences and submit articles for publication; become recognized as an industry leader. Writes/edits Interior Design specifications; coordinates and assists affected disciplines, with any addendum, RFIs, CPRs, and change orders; and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents. Provides, on an as-needed basis, construction contract administration. Candidate must effectively communicate with the healthcare team and clients, demonstrating excellent client management, customer service orientation, and presentation skills. Assist the Director of Interior Design in training and mentoring staff regarding best interior design practices, with an emphasis on healthcare. Responsible for work quality, performance to budget, and timely delivery of design personnel working under their direction. The successful candidate will be responsible for encouraging a positive Interior Design culture within and outside the firm.
• Prepare and manage healthcare design budgets, scopes, and schedules with assistance from Project Managers.
• Maintain interior design QA/QC processes.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of healthcare specific products and procedures.
• Be recognized as the Omaha office’s expert in healthcare interior design.
• Develop relationships with key healthcare clients and serve as their primary contact.
• Generate new healthcare leads and advance project opportunities.
• Develop and maintain a network of vendors, suppliers, and consultants.
• Develop healthcare proposal strategies and associated fees.
• Participate in social, civic, trade/professional organizations to support marketing efforts.
The Senior Interior Designer must have current working knowledge of the following:
• FGI (Facilities Guidelines Institute, current edition) Guidelines for the Design and Construction of Healthcare Facilities
• ANSI, UBC, NFPA, ADAAG and ABA (as it pertains to the interior design of healthcare facilities)
• HIPAA Regulations
• US Green Building Council’s LEED Green Building Rating System (as it pertains to the interior design of healthcare facilities and commercial interiors)
• General Service Administration Schedule
• “Best Practices” in the selection of: interior finish materials for healthcare facilities, furniture, upholstery fabrics, and furnishings for healthcare facilities
• Possess a proven working knowledge of current infection control standards with regard to interior finish selection for healthcare facilities
• Current working knowledge and proven experience in the selection, specification, procurement, and installation process of commodities for healthcare facilities, including, but not limited to:
o Standard Office Furniture/Desking
o Open Office /Modular/Systems Furniture
o Executive Office Furniture/Case Goods
o Seating: Lounge/Waiting, Guest/Side, Bariatric, Task/Ergonomic, Assembly/Classroom, Conference, Specialized/Patient, Physician Seating/Stools
o Tables: Telecommunication/Conferencing, Dining, Training/Classroom, Occasional/Lounge
o Storage/Shelving: Bulk, Filing, High Density
o Specialized Medical Mobile Carts/Cabinets
o Lab and Pharmacy Furniture and Furnishings
o Dental, Pediatric, Women’s Health, Mental Health, Physical Therapy, and other Medical Department Furniture and Furnishings
o Exterior/Site Furniture and Furnishings
o Cubicle Curtain Systems and Fabrics
o Window Treatment Systems
o Lighting: Task, Ambient, Decorative
o Furnishings: Clocks, Magazine/Literature Racks/Communication Boards etc.
o Audio Visual/Computer/Electronics Carts, Cabinets and Mobile Computer Stations etc.
o Appropriate Textiles, Materials, and Finishes for all the above
• BS/BA Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited college or university required.
• Professional expertise demonstrated through a minimum of 15+ years of related experience since receipt of BS/BA Degree within the Interior Design industry, preferably with mid- to large-size A/E firm experience; exhibited progressive experience as an Interior Designer to Senior Interior Designer required. 5+ years of significant experience in interior design for medical environments is required.
• Required: NCIDQ; IIDA or ASID.
• Preferred: LEED, AAHID, EDAC.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
• REVIT experience is required.
• Working Knowledge of, Photo Shop, 3-D Viz, Adobe Illustrator, Publisher, and InDesign.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel and clients.
• Ability to persuasively and visually communicate ideas.
• Ability to coordinate work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• Ability to formulate sound and educated decisions based on available information.
• Ability to be highly creative and bring abstract ideas into sustainable design.
• Detailed understanding of various regulatory building codes.
• Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials and methods and variety of delivery and contracting processes.
• Experience in the design of inpatient, outpatient, and specialty medical clinic facilities, as well as tertiary care medical centers.
• Experience in furniture selection and layout for patient and public areas.
• Experience in leading large and small user groups through a project design process.
• Experience with creation of “Visioning” or “Mood” boards.
• The Omaha office of LEO A DALY pursues projects in a large variety of sectors: Private and Government Healthcare, Aviation, Commercial, Higher Education, Hospitality, Gaming, Residential and Engineering, in the US and internationally.
• Excellent planning, time management and organization skills; ability to multi-task.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Strong self-confidence, leadership, and self-motivation skills and abilities.
• Works to acquire new technical expertise to enhance capabilities.
• Exceptional client management, customer service orientation, writing, and presentation skills.
• Strong communication skills and works well in a collaborative and collegial work environment.
• Shares expertise with others.
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law