Leo A Daly is seeking a senior technical architect responsible for ensuring design intent is documented in all project phases, with appropriate systems, detailing, A/E coordination, graphic clarity and quality, level of completeness, and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate will advance the overall technical quality of drawings, specifications and contract documents, while providing technical leadership and mentorship of the architectural team.
1) Verifies Scope of Work with Project Manager
2) Coordinates all disciplines (including consultants)
3) Completes and maintains the Project Record Book
4) Follows the Job Plan/Inform the Project Manager of obstacles
5) Monitors hours/Inform Project Manager of problems; responsible for maintaining monthly percent completes.
6) Assures completeness, accuracy and coordination of Construction Documents
7) Attends meetings with Owner as required by Project Manager/prepare meeting minutes
8) Perform code analysis
9) Identifies “out of scope work”/inform Project Manager
10) Assembles and coordinates Specifications and Front-end Documents
11) Coordinates agency reviews/plan check/Fire Marshall/Commissions/etc.
12) Understands the project(s) scope, and plans and develops concepts and approaches appropriate to the construction budget and the disciplines in carrying out the project work.
1) Hold a current architectural license
2) Have a minimum of 7 to 10 years professional experience in a broad range of building and construction types, and a minimum of 5 years in a project supervisory role
3) Hospitality project experience preferred
4) Maintain a high level of competency in the use of design and production software (i.e. AutoCad, Photoshop, etc.) and functional literacy in use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
5) Revit proficiency
6) Have the ability to work in a collaborative environment with individuals throughout the organization and a strong team-oriented approach as well as excellent organization and time management skills
7) Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8) Be able to travel.