Successful candidate will manage project teams of electrical engineers and designers working on a wide variety of building types located throughout the United States and in foreign countries. This person will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary project team through the entire range of project phases including marketing and proposals, project planning, engineering and design, construction, and project close-out. The successful candidate will have exceptional skills in planning, organization, system engineering/design, and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to plan, track, and manage multiple, simultaneous projects of various scales and types with specific attention to collaboration and quality assurance.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project team members, consultants, contractors, and clients both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to lead and motivate teams of engineers and designers with confidence and empathy.
• Willingness to mentor individuals and provide guidance to those with less experience.
• In-depth knowledge of the Electrical sections of Local, State, and Federal Life Safety and Building Codes.
• Proficiency in electrical systems engineering analysis and calculations; lighting, voltage drop, communication systems design, branch circuit and feeder sizing.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency using:
Power system simulation and generator analysis software, such as SKM PowerTools.
Building energy code analysis software such as COMcheck.
Lighting simulation analysis software, such as Visual or AGi32. Knowledge of ElumTools for REVIT is a plus.
Daylighting analysis software, such as DIVA for Rhino is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee the:
Layout of electrical receptacles and coordination of power requirements for mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, medical or owner-furnished equipment, etc.
Creation of power one-line diagrams: normal and emergency power, size power conductors, performing of load calculations, and sizing of switchgear and switchboards.
Selection and layout of light fixtures (interior and exterior) with knowledge of lighting control methodologies a plus.
Design of low-voltage systems: voice and data, nurse call, public address, fire alarm, and intercom, etc. is a plus.
Education and License Requirements:
• 15+ years working in the Architectural/Engineering profession.
• 10+ years working as an Electrical Designer/Specialist with supervision of project teams and primary responsibility for Lighting, Power, and Special Systems contract documents.
• Verifiable history of successful projects. Experience with a broad variety of building types is beneficial.
• BSEE degree or a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering with an electrical emphasis from an accredited college is required.
• Licensure as Professional Electrical Engineer (PE) is required.
• Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) is a plus
• LEED accreditation is a plus.