For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
Candidate will perform commissioning services under the direct supervision of a licensed professional and lead commissioning efforts commensurate with their experience.
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team during all phases of projects located throughout the United States as well as some International projects. Primary responsibility is to facilitate and perform all aspects of commissioning during the design, construction/testing, and occupancy/operations phases for both new construction and renovation projects. Commissioned items will include the architectural envelope, lighting, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems, building automation systems, life safety systems, and specialty systems including nurse call and security.
Assignments will include developing Owner’s Project Requirements, creating the commissioning plan/specifications, providing design reviews at appropriate stages, and writing pre-functional checklists and functional performance tests. The commissioning agent will also review equipment submittals and shop drawings for overall compliance with the design intent and functional testing plans. Additional assignments will include observing and documenting tests during construction, generating corrective issue reports, maintaining an issues log, developing the final commissioning reports, providing systems manuals, and leading 10-month lessons learned walk through meetings. The commissioning agent will coordinate training sessions and assist owner’s operation and maintenance staff to develop their understanding of the building systems and design intent. Over the course of the project this person may be asked to aid in the diagnosis and resolution of system and equipment problems. Position will require assisting LEED professionals in preparation of necessary documents for LEED certification. Travel for project-related work for owner meetings or site observations will be required up to 40% of the time. Additional assignments may include retro-commissioning tasks and assisting with marketing activities including proposal writing and client interviews. Candidate must complete assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
- Minimum 10 years of experience with A/E/C environment with a minimum of 2 years of building commissioning, retro-commissioning, or mechanical engineering required.
- Registered Professional Engineer license required.
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional credential preferred.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationship with all disciplines involved in the construction or renovations of projects.
- Strong knowledge of building control systems and system operation is preferred.
- Positive attitude with ability to work independently and with commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
-Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and multi-task skills.
- Strong problem solving and self-motivation skills.
- Able to react with flexibility in schedule changes on projects.