For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
The successful candidate will perform programming and conceptual design tasks thru preparation of contract documents under the direct supervision of one or more interior designers. Tasks will be in support of architectural and interiors projects related to new construction, tenant improvement, and FF&E work.
Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team performing interior design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects located throughout the United States. Candidate will perform assignments under the direct supervision of one or more interior designers. Candidate will concentrate on specific design or technical documentation tasks that contribute to overall projects. Assignments will include programming, space planning, design, FF&E selection, documentation and bid evaluation, writing specifications, producing deliverable drawing sets for finish plans, interior elevations, room finish schedules, furniture plans, and interior details.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate interior design requirements
- Assists in selection and documentation of FF&E
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing
- Creates interior design renderings
- Assists to conduct site investigations and observations
- Assists to prepare narratives, design presentations, boards, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints
- Assists to perform cross-discipline discussions and coordination
- Maintains knowledge of current industry trends on space, function, lighting, finishes, furniture and equipment, etc.
- Additional assignments may include attending client and internal meetings, assisting with performing construction contract administration, and assisting with marketing/business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University
- 0 to 3 years interior design experience after degree. Previous interior design experience working with an A/E firm is preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software including AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, Rhino, Grasshopper, and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills and knowledge of other building systems.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Community involvement and participation in IIDA and IDCN is a plus.