For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
The successful candidate will perform plumbing design tasks thru preparation of contract documents under the direct supervision of one or more licensed engineers. Tasks will be in support of architectural and engineering projects related to plumbing design for domestic water, waste/vent, storm water, natural gas, medical gas, and other special systems work.
Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team performing plumbing design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects located throughout the United States. Candidate will lead the design of moderately complex projects occasionally receiving advice and direction from licensed engineers. Assignments will include performing design calculations, interpreting and preparing reports, and producing deliverable drawing sets consisting of under-floor, floor, and roof plans, building sections, riser diagrams, details and schedules.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs code research related to plumbing design.
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate plumbing requirements.
- Determines routing and sizing of piping systems, sizes/selects equipment, and specifies fixtures.
- Attends internal and client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Conducts site investigations.
- Sets up and manages Revit MEP models.
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing.
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Perform cross-discipline discussions and coordination of work for system clash avoidance.
- Participates in Construction Administration by developing addendums, reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, and performing site observations to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Assists to develop, assess, and recommend improvements to plumbing drawing, detailing, template, and workflow standards.
- Travel for project-related activities may be required.
Bachelor of Science in construction/engineering required.
Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word/Excel and Revit MEP required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with A/E firm in building plumbing design and detailing
- Certified Plumbing Designer (CPD) required.
- Experience with mechanical design a plus.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of codes and related industry standards (IBC, ASPE, etc.)
- Experience with design of healthcare facilities and medical gas systems is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of construction methods.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.