For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
The successful candidate will perform preparation and layout of structural engineering contract documents under the direct supervision of one or more licensed structural engineers. The documents will be in support of architectural and engineering projects related to structural design for building substructure/superstructure and non-building work.
Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team providing documentation of structural designs during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects located throughout the United States. Work will be performed with direct supervision receiving advice and direction from structural engineers. Assignments will include producing deliverable drawing sets including foundation plans, framing plans, details and schedules. Candidate must complete assignments with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to time and budget constraints.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sets up and manages Revit Structure models.
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing.
- Assists to perform cross-discipline discussions and coordination of work for system clash avoidance.
- Assists with addendums and RFIs by incorporating agreed upon changes in the contract documents.
- Works to help maintain and develop structural drawing and workflow standards.
- Additional assignments may include attending internal meetings, assisting to conduct site investigations, and assisting with performing contract administration.
- Associates Degree from Technical College (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with A/E firm in building structural design and detailing preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software including Revit Structure, Microsoft Word/Excel, and AutoCAD required.
- General understanding of construction methods.
- Excellent time management, organization, and multi-task skills.
- Strong problem solving and self-motivation skills.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Candidate to demonstrate a passion for technology and its integration with the AEC industry.
- Experience in programming or Dynamo a plus