For over 100 years LEO A DALY has partnered with our clients to create exceptional projects that enhance and enrich the human experience. Join our multidisciplinary team-focused organization to contribute to industry-leading, inspired design in collaboration with many of the brightest professionals in their fields.
The successful candidate will assist the Finance Manager with accounting tasks, clerical work, and general office support activities.
Candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager performing administrative accounting and clerical duties related to general office support and multiple architecture/engineering projects in various phases. Assignments will include reviewing employee timesheets and expense reports, monitoring project and overhead expenses, preparing client invoices, processing accounts payable, data entry, and general office support functions. Assignments must be completed in accordance with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles and contractual obligations. Sensitivity to confidential matters will be required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and processing employee timesheets and expense reports biweekly.
- Working closely with Project Managers to initiate billing setup in accordance with terms and conditions of a contract.
- Coordinating with Project Managers to ensure accurate, timely project invoicing on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating with Travel and Transport to make fiscally responsible arrangements for all Omaha office employee travel (airfare, car rentals, hotels). Manages travel calendar. Prepares travel approvals for Director of Operations review.
- Preparing new hire orientation schedules and performing general office orientation.
- Assisting to respond to project financial inquiries from staff, vendors or clients.
- Assisting to monitor accounts receivable and assisting Project Managers with collection activities.
- Assisting Project Managers to maintain project and consultant files.
- Assisting Finance Manager with special reports for office management.
- Assisting to resolve miscellaneous accounting and administrative issues.
- Performing miscellaneous data entry and filing in support of accounting and administrative project related efforts.
- Assisting to track the checkout/return of office equipment (Projectors, cameras, laptops, hotspots, etc.)
- At times, fills in for office receptionist duties at the front desk as needed. (answering the main phone line, receiving/directing visitors, etc.)
- At times, fills in for general office administrative duties including coffee preparation, coffee bar cleaning/stocking, ordering catering, and editing contracts.
- 10+ years of accounting experience (invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.) or an Associate’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience with A/E or professional services firm is a plus.
- Requires strong attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet critical deadlines and multi-task.
- Excellent time management, organization, self-motivation and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to operate automated accounting system (Deltek Vision or equivalent).
- Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality.